Exhibitions are big. A recent report in the United Kingdom states that the job of an exhibitor ranks 5th amongst the most stressful jobs including pilots, police officers, military, etc. It is impossible for event coordinators to relax even for a bit due to jam-packed schedules for each day. The job of an exhibitor requires the perfect balance of mental and physical fitness.
Top 10 Tips for Exhibitors to manage Trade Show Stress:
1. Plan Ahead: The primary task for the trade show exhibitor is to design a strategy leading to a successful trade show. You got to set a goal in mind and decide on expected outcomes. Put everything on a blueprint including your purpose of trade show exhibit, anticipated results, and targeted trade show attendees.
2. Being tech-friendly: Technology is your best friend. There are various apps designed nowadays that help the exhibitors to unleash an excellent trade show exhibit. These apps allow you to manage trade show data, ROI, capture leads, drawing traffic and drive sales.
3. Start to socialize: Promoting your trade show booth with the help of social networking sites cannot be replaced by any other promotional strategy. Social media is fantastic for the exhibitors to endorse an event, boost up attendance, and generating discussions.
4. Right Service Partner: Selecting a right service provider to design and build your exhibition stand can shed away huge workload from your shoulders. Exhibitors should choose a service partner offering wide-ranging services for trade show display. The right exhibition contractor gets the partial load of your business promotion.
5. Professional approach: Being in-charge of a promotional display, it becomes vital for you not to mingle your tastes in the business promotion. For example, you like the color fuchsia and wish to see the same color in the exhibition stand of your company. But, what would happen if you are exhibiting for a steel manufacturer? Even being an enticing color, it would not be able to serve the purpose. Similarly, it is essential for an exhibitor to get a trade show booth designed as per the needs of the product on display.
6. Choose the right location: Selecting the location of your exhibition stand is an essential part of the planning. Decide on the position of your trade show booth in the exhibition area. Try to finalize it for your trade show display at the earliest. An apt location for the display can bring fruitful results. Securing the right site for the exhibition stand gives you a sigh of relief. Thus, it turns out to be a great factor in reducing your stress.
7. Accept the impossible: Being exhibitors, you have a set target in a trade show event. Pay attention to your strategies. Do not be afraid to accept what is unattainable. While things are still on paper, try not to promise anything bigger without bringing the desired outcomes. It is better to say less and do more instead of doing less and more said.
8. Cheer yourself up: During the preparation, your ideas may get accepted or rejected at different times. Try not to lose heart at that point. Keep yourself intact, and produce ideas merged with your company’s priorities and your innovations. Trade show exhibitors are set onto a serious mission of brand promotion that needs lots of passion and loads of patience.
9. Relax for a while: It is okay to give yourself a break from the hectic work. Take a walk, do some meditation or even get down to a chosen cafe and enjoy your favorite coffee. Try to reenergize yourself with that pause from the trade show planning. Allow the fresh air to enter your brain and raise the new ideas of execution.
10. Emails off: Exhibiting and managing the operations at a trade show stand is a tough job. Heaps of emails in your mailbox can scare you off, during the trade show. Responding every message in your mail at every second is totally a nightmare while being busy at your exhibition stand. Switch your emails off for a while to concentrate on your work properly. It will help you focus on execution better. You can always choose the AWAY option on your mail to let people know that you are busy, and you will come back to respond.
Combat your trade show stress with these ten effective tips and maintain a smooth workflow.